The electrical and hybrid connectors of series 22 with robust bronze shell are specially designed installation connectors for long-term underwater applications.
Under difficult environmental conditions, the longitudinally watertight vulcanised elastomer insulators with patented lip seal guaranteed high operational reliability. With an additional gasket in the mating area, the long-term performance can be increased for various applications. Thanks to the flat thread in the locking sleeve, severe impurities are tolerated. In addition, the metric locking thread in the cap nut enables secure locking. The longitudinally watertight and on both sides pluggable pressure hull penetrators according to VG 85519 offer the opportunity to bring electric and hybrid signals 100% tested in a pressure vessel.
Pressure hull penetrators have been part of the GISMA portfolio since 1983, tested, and qualified by many standards (shock, explosion, vibration etc.).
Main field of application is:
- naval technology
- marine research
- renewable energy
- industry applications
- tested for shock- and underwater explosion
- high pressure watertightness
- lip, conical and o-ring sealing in the mating area
- elastomer insulator with conical insulation barrier increase
- contact arrangements 1 to 265 contacts
- operating voltage up to max. 3,2 kV
- operating current up to max. 400 A
- test pressure up to 400 bar
- open face pressure watertight
- dry mating capability
- pressure hull penetrators material 1.4404 or 1.3964 standard
- pressure hull penetrators with various mounting dimensions available
- special fastening nuts for PHP available