The pressure watertight fibre optic and hybrid connectors of series 40 have been developed for long-term underwater applications due to robust design. Under difficult environmental conditions and high ambient pressures, the waterproof plugs offer high operational reliability.
With the double o-ring, seal in the mating area, the long-term performance is ensured for different applications. In addition, the metric locking thread in the locking sleeve allows secure locking.
High-quality PC optical fibre inserts ensure secure data transmission. The modular contact inlay can be fitted on any contact space with electrical contacts to provide different hybrid contact arrangements
With a large range of dismountable endbells, diverse underwater cables are adaptable.
Main fields of application are:
- naval technology
- marine research
- renewable energy
- industry applications
- available in bronze, titanium and stainless steel
- high pressure watertightness
- double o-ring sealing in the mating area
- contact arrangements 1 to 24 contacts
- fibre optic contacts for single mode and multimode
- low insertion loss
- electrical contacts 630 V / 25 A
- electrical contacts 1000 V / 8 A
- test pressure up to 600 bar
- open face longitudinally watertight
- dry mating capability
- modular contacts
- robust keyway
- removable endbell for economic maintenance