Special pressure hull penetrators
The electrical and hybrid pressure hull penetrators with stainless steel shell are specially designed installation connectors for long-term underwater applications.
Under difficult environmental conditions the longitudinally watertight vulcanised elastomer insulators with patented lip seal guarantee high operational reliability. With an additional gasket in the mating area the long-term performance can be increased for various applications. Thanks to the flat thread in the locking sleeve severe impurities are tolerated. In addition, the metric locking thread in the cap nut enables secure locking.
The longitudinally watertight and on both sides pluggable pressure hull penetrators offer the opportunity to bring electric and hybrid signals 100% tested in a pressure vessel. Pressure hull penetrators have been part of the GISMA portfolio since 1983, tested, and qualified by many standards (shock, explosion, vibration etc.).
Main fields of application are:
- offshore industry
- naval technology
- marine research
- renewable energy
- industry applications
- tested for shock- and underwater explosion
- high pressure watertightness
- lip, conical and o-ring sealing in the mating area
- elastomer insulator with conical insulation barrier increase
- contact arrangements 1 to 265 contacts
- operating voltage up to max. 3,2 kV
- operating current up to max. 400 A
- test pressure up to 400 bar
- open face pressure watertight
- dry mating capability
- pressure hull penetrators material 1.4404 or 1.3964 standard
- pressure hull penetrators with various mounting dimensions available
- special fastening nuts for PHP available